Position: Refuge Kitchen Supervisor
Employee Classification: Exempt
Department: Women’s Ministries
Reports To: Director of Women’s Ministries
Job Statement: The purpose for the position is to oversee food service operations
- Oversee and train kitchen team on food preparation, cooking techniques and service.
- Assign kitchen responsibilities to students and volunteers as assigned to the kitchen.
- Create menu and establish appropriate portion sizes.
- Coordinate with Shelter Kitchen Supervisor and establish efficiencies between facilities
- Organize special meals or food for internal and external catering needs.
- Supervise and inspect cleanliness and safety standards of kitchen and dining room areas, as well as external areas, to meet Health Department and Mission standards.
- Maintain required licenses and permits for legal and sanitary operations according to Health Department and Mission standards.
- Price compare and order and/or purchase food and supplies for food operations, as budget and donations permit.
- Solicit appropriate food donations and incorporate donations into meals.
- Help students obtain Food Handler cards from the local Health Department.
- Attend Mission meetings and functions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Two years of college education or equivalent experience in supervisory position.
- Interest in or exposure to issues related to homelessness, mental illness or addiction.
- Possess (or willing to possess) a Certified Food Service Manager certificate.
- Prior food service management experience.
- Must be a people person with Christian character.
- Must have leadership, delegation, and organization skills.
- Must have sound judgment, objectivity, and sensitivity.
- Must show an ability to have a Godly concern for those at the Mission and their well-being and treat all with dignity and respect at all times.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills with computer skills and familiarity with current software and operating systems.