Each job description is linked to a detailed document describing the responsibilities of the position. Please download the PDF file to view the job description you are interested in and then send your resume and contact information to the corresponding contact listed.
Position: Recovery Counselor Specialist
Employee Classification: Exempt
Department: Women’s Ministries
Reports To: Director of Women’s Ministries
Job Statement: The purpose of this position is to assist in the oversight and planning of various activities of counseling and aftercare in the Women’s Ministry.
- Conduct in-take process of prospective students in coordination with the Director.
- Provide random drug and/or alcohol testing, room and bag checks.
- Prepare student files and keep proper documentation.
- Execute various inventories and assessments (i.e. psychological, personality, etc.) to identify issues for student profiles.
- Provide weekly scheduled one on one counseling sessions and be flexible to meet unscheduled as needed.
- Facilitate group sessions and classroom instruction.
- Collaborate and problem solve on an interdisciplinary team to provide the best care for our participants.
- Teach Bible studies and fill-in for classes as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule with outside agencies.
- Assist with program development.
- Attend Mission meetings and functions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completed (or working on) requirements for Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- Education and/or experience in homeless issues (i.e. substance abuse, mental illness, etc.)
- Must be a people person with Christian character.
- Must have leadership, delegation, and organization skills.
- Must have sound judgment, objectivity, and sensitivity.
- Must show an ability to have a Godly concern for the women at the Mission and their well-being and treat the women with dignity and respect at all times.
- Must possess the relationship skills and spiritual maturity to carry out the duties of this job description.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills with computer skills and familiarity with current software and operating systems.